Our storage solution for the Rising Sun™ base game provides a total storage solution for the base game components. This solution provides nine (9) storage trays, including five (5) clan storage trays with lids that provide storage for all clan components. This solution includes extensive etching to speed setup, breakdown, and gameplay. The monster etchings include monster name and mini number (found on the bottom of each monster mini). This storage solution is designed to store either the base game components or the upgraded Kickstarter components, but not both at the same time.
This storage solution provides:
- one (1) monster tray that provides a safe home for your eight (8) base game monsters, including monster name and number
- five (5) clan trays with lids and etching that store all clan components (even those insanely cool Turtle clan strongholds)
- one (1) large card storage tray with enough dividers to store each unique card set, sleeved or unsleeved
- one (1) small token tray for coins, Ronin tokens, and warn number tokens (or KS flags)
- one (1) tile storage tray for political mandate tiles, war province tokens, and shrine tiles
- this design includes room on top of the trays for board, instructions, and clan screens
Our clans trays are the stars of this design. We have created lidded clan trays that store all of the clan minis and components for each clan. Just grab the tray and pass it to a player. Done. The clan trays provided in our Rising Sun storage solution have three distinct heights in this solution:
- Bonsai Clan (34mm)
- Koi Clan (34mm)
- Lotus Clan (34mm)
- Dragonfly Clan (37mm)
- Turtle Clan (56.5mm)
Our RSUN-002 storage solution for the Daimyo box contains three additional clan trays in two heights:
- Sun Clan (37mm)
- Moon Clan (37mm)
- Fox Clan (34mm)
All clan trays have the same length and width dimensions and are interchangeable based on their height between this solution and the RSUN-002 solution for the Daimyo box.
We specifically design these clan trays to also store a political/war tile inside each.
We designed the card storage tray to accept sleeved or unsleeved cards and to store your cards by card set – core seasons. Archway, Teapot, monsters, etc. This speeds game setup and keeps each set properly separated from the other distinct sets. This tray was tested with FFG greens. Note that the 15 card Seasons sets are very snug when using thicker sleeves.
Divider distribution in the card tray:
- Core – this section should include 2 open divider slots within it
- Other Seasons Sets – these sections should include 1 open divider slot
- Monsters – this section should include 1 open divider slot
- Lucky Gods – this section should include 1 open divider slot
As noted, this design can accommodate either the base game components or the Kickstarter upgraded components, but not both.
The monster storage in this solution uses our standard rail support, whereas the clan minis use a wave rail design that dramatically simplifies construction. If you adorn your bases, this solution is not advised.
What Do You Need?
Retail: If you purchased Rising Sun in retail, you will need 1x RSUN-001 for your base game. If you own the Dynasty Invasion expansion, you will need 1x RSUN-003. Finally, If you own Kami Unbound and/or the Monster Pack, you will need 1x RSUN-004 which provides storage for both Kami Unbound and the Monster Pack.
Additionally, consider that the RSUN-001 provides storage for the base game components. The RSUN-002 provides storage for the Daimyo components, as well as storage for Dynasty Invasion, the Monster Pack, and Kami Unbound, but the Daimyo box is a Kickstarter exclusive. The RSUN-003 provides storage for the clans and monster minis in the Dynasty Invasion expansion. Finally, the RSUN-004 provides storage for Kami Unbound / Monster Pack combined.
Note: our solutions do not provide storage for the huge playmat board that was sold during the Kickstarter, nor the art book.
- This insert can store sleeved / unsleeved large cards.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 70 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.