The Go7 Gaming storage solution for Massive Darkness 2 base game provides card, token, tile, and mini storage across seven (7) removable trays and one fixed insert. This solution is designed to specifically store the base game content.
This storage solution provides:
- one (1) fixed insert that is designed to store your heroes, 2 enemy minis, map tiles, hero boards, large cards, and smaller boards
- three (3) removable, adjustable mini trays for storing small minis with name tab support
- one (1) removable tray for storing larger minis that also provides a home for the small token tray
- one (1) removable small token tray for play tokens
- one (1) removable long token tray
- one (1) removable card tray that provides storage for small and medium cards (sleeved/unsleeved)
The lid closes flat with zero lift.
This kit provides name tabs for small groups of like minis. Other minis are stored using the mini number on the bottom of the mini. The last page of the construction instructions provides a key by mini number for the minis in this box.
Note: the Archangel from the base game must be stored in our MD2-005 due to space constraints. It can also simply be stored in any empty box you have.
What Do You Need?Massive Darkness 2 is a really big game and it has tons of minis, cards, and tokens. Fortunately, if you are all in, you will have quality boxes for most of your storage needs.
Our guidance follows:
- If you own just the base game (retail), you should purchase 1x MD2-001. However, due to space constraints, the Archangel Michael does not fit in our solution for the base game. We provide storage for it in Demon Dragon. If you don't have Demon Dragon, we also provide a lid lift solution to store it using the MD2-009. Otherwise, you will need to store this mini elsewhere in a spare box.
- If you are Kickstarter all-in, you should purchase 1x MD2-001, 1x MD2-002, 1x MD2-003, 1x MD2-004, 1x MD2-005, and 1x MD2-006. This list of organizers provides storage for one of everything, including terrain for MD2.
- If you are retail all-in (Base game, Feyfolk, Gates of Hell, Bards, Monks, and Heavenfall), you should purchase 1x MD2-001, 1x MD2-003, 2x MD2-007, 2x MD2-008, and 1x MD2-009. This list of organizers provides storage for one of everything.
- MD2-001 provides storage for the base game. However, due to space constraints, the Archangel Michael does not fit in our solution for the base game. We provide storage for it in Demon Dragon. If you don't have Demon Dragon, you will need to store this mini elsewhere in a spare box.
- MD2-002 provides storage for the Darkbringer KS extras box. This solution is designed to specifically store the KS Extras content. This solution requires you to store the map tiles from this expansion in the base game storage solution, as room is provided there.
- MD2-003 provides storage for the Heavenfall expansion. This solution provides storage for the map tiles and game manual on top of the trays.
- MD2-004 provides storage for the Four Horsemen expansion. This solution is designed to specifically store the content from Four Horsemen, Rainbow Crossing, and Gates of Hell in the Four Horsemen or Rainbow Crossing boxes. We recommend using the Four Horsemen box (see below).
- MD2-005 provides storage for the Demon Dragon box and is designed to store ALL of the following expansions: Demon Dragon, War of Souls, Feyfolk, Monks, Druids, Bards, and the Archangel Michael mini from the base game.
- MD2-006 provides storage for one set of each terrain kit available and 9 map tiles in the Rainbow Crossing or Four Horsemen box. We recommend the Rainbow box, so you don't feel bad about cutting a notch for easy map tile removal.
- MD2-007 provides storage for the medium expansions including: Feyfolk, Gates of Hell, and War of Souls. You'll need 1-3 of these if you don't own the Demon Dragon expansion and organizer. This organizer supports one medium expansion per organizer. Each organizer has etched name tabs for all three expansions.
- MD2-008 provides storage for the small expansions including: Bards, Druids, and Monks. You'll need 1-3 of these if you don't own the Demon Dragon expansion and organizer. This organizer supports one small expansion per organizer. Each organizer has etched name tabs for all three expansions. This kit also provides a lid lift solution that allows the Archangel Michael to be stored in one of these, in addition to the small expansion content.
- MD2-009 provides storage for the Archangel Michael.
- This organizer solution provides eight (8) trays.
- This organizer can store sleeved / unsleeved cards using FFG sleeves.
- This organizer is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Organizer assembly requires some wood glue and rubber mallet and about 60 minutes of assembly time. We recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This organizer kit does not include the referenced game or any game components.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.
Christopher P. (verified owner) –
As per usual for Go7, this organizer is a great use of space, even with the ridiculously huge (and fragile) miniatures that are included. My only complaints would bring this rating to a 4.5 or 4.75 (I prefer to round up though), and that is the container for the large minis is like a puzzle box trying to get them to slide in and fit just right. It works, but if I had any suggestion, it would be to maybe loosen the slide rails in a couple places. The rail for The Ghoul is really tight and hard to get the base into. However, with forethought, I probably could have used the mini and its base to fit the rail better when I glued it in so that I would not have to apply as much pressure to slide the base in.
Otherwise, great job! I am excited to have it all put together now!
(1) (0) Watch Unwatch
David L. (verified owner) –
I absolutely love the look of this design. The wood looks great inside my game box and putting it together was not issue either, although I imagine if i had gone ahead and punched out some of the smaller pieces before hand i may have run into issues where I was still trying to figure out which piece was which. But it assembled relatively easy and the glue worked perfect. I had concerns that it would not hold up once pieces were put into/on them but I accept that I worried for nothing. Some of the tray walls seem to not want to hold but thats adjustable anyways so no problem there. The issue comes when trying to put the bigger miniatures into the big box. Sliding the bases in has broken 2 of my minis one completely off of its base. Leaving me to try to postpone any gaming sessions until I find a glue solution that will hold.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Douglas D. (verified owner) –
MD2’s original packaging suffers, in that, once you punch all the counters, tokens, etc., not everything fits back in the box. Card stroage is poor, as well. The original clear plastic bubble ‘trays’ which hold all the minis, take up so much room, that you can’t get everything back in. My first solution was a separate “plano” style plastic organizer storage box for the counters, tokens, dice, etc. Obviously, the plano box doesn’t fit in the MD2 box.
So I decided to try this – MD2-001.
First off, I used Insta-Cure+ cyanoacrylate glue (gap filling medium, 5-10 sec) instead of the recommended craft / wood glue. The IC+ worked great.
From start to finish, taking my time, and test fitting all parts, and storing all the components took about 3 hours.
When building the Main Insert, do NOT forget part ‘M’, the ‘floor’ of the suspended side wall (K/J). The instruction drawing shows the letter ‘M’ but not the actual piece. I initially missed this.
Next, I agree with the previous reviewer in that it takes a bit of practice to get the roaming monsters in the Jumbo Mini Tray. Because the Ghoul’s tail connects at the base edge, you have to twist him (the base) to slide into the rails. Andra is also a tight squeeze, I believe the rail is too close to the corner.
Everything else is great, especially the Long Token and Card trays!
For the Short and Tall (2) Mini Trays, here’s how I used them (I did NOT use any splitters). I also wanted to keep the Leaders with the minions.
Short (4 slots):
Slot 1: 6 Satyrs (see below for Leader)
Slot 2: 6 Gargoyles AND Leader
Slot 3: 4 Infernal Imps
Slot 4: 2 Infernal Imps AND Leader
Tall 1 (4 slots):
Slot 1: 6 Undead
Slot 2: 6 Fire Entities
Slot 3: 6 Skeletons
Slot 4: Leaders of Undead, Fire Entities, Skeletons and Satyrs
Tall 2 (2 slots):
Slot 1: 6 Fallen Angels
Slot 2: 6 Demons
Overall quality and precision finish of the parts is great!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch