The Go7 Gaming storage solution includes support for both printings of this wonderful fan expansion for Gloomhaven and is comprised of twenty-one (21) trays. Of these, we have included fourteen (14) of our highly regarded character trays. This solution includes storage for character minis (or standees) and also includes two open trays for storage of Gloomhaven components used during Crimson Scales scenarios.
Our design philosophy for this custom storage solution differs from the approach taken by others for Gloomhaven. While it did increase the cost of the solution over competing options, we engineered the storage solution that we felt the game deserved.
Crimson Scales includes many small, thin cardboard boxes. These are an excellent touch for an amazing game and are required, given how the game exposes more options as you progress; however, if you are willing to spend additional money to buy a storage solution for what is arguably one of the most unique game systems of the decade, why settle for a wood tray that simply holds cardboard boxes that will wear out over time and through continued use?
This storage solution provides:
- One (1) removable, large card tray with etched dividers that stores sleeved or unsleeved cards
- One (1) removable, small card tray with etched dividers that stores sleeved or unsleeved cards
- Fourteen (14) character class storage boxes with lids to store your character cards, character ability cards, character boards, standees, minis, and tokens
- Two (2) removable empty trays intended to provide storage for Gloomhaven components used during scenarios
- One (1) removable monster tray that provides storage for standee bases and monster tokens
- One (1) removable pad tray for your character and party pads, as well as terrain tokens
- One (1) removable condition tray with lid for condition tokens
This kit includes fourteen (14) character storage trays with lids that store each individual character’s cards, tokens, minis, and character boards. The lid has a small cutout to display the character class symbol. These trays are designed to allow you to store your active cards sleeved, but unused cards are intended to be stored unsleeved. With that said, some of the character classes will allow all cards to be sleeved and stored safely in the trays. There is also room to fold your character sheet and place it in the tray as well.
Note: this solution does require that you open each character box and character mini box to load the character trays we provide. Therefore, you will obviously get a glimpse of each mini (and the weakest willed among us might even peek at the cards). If this is a problem, you should consider having a non-player/spouse/friend fill the character trays for you.
Also, the character trays are designed to store cards in use sleeved. Unused cards will generally need to be stored unsleeved.
This solution was designed to store your manuals and stickers on top of the trays stored inside the box, which will fill your box to the top.
This solution features extensive etching across the various trays to speed your setup and play of the game, including character symbol etching on character trays. Our large and small card trays include etched dividers for each card type and supports sleeved cards.
Finally, while we have provided two empty trays to store Gloomhaven components you will use with this fan expansion, we do assume you have a storage solution for Gloomhaven that provides appropriate structured storage for tokens and such and that you will use those trays while playing Crimson Scales.
- This organizer can store sleeved / unsleeved small and large cards (FFG sleeves, etc.).
- This organizer is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Organizer assembly requires some wood glue and about 200 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This product officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners. Unlike our traditional licenses, we remit no money to the Crimson Scales team. Instead they have requested that we provide a permanent discount for buyers of the organizer.
Ryan M. (verified owner) –
I loved the Death May Die insert I got from these guys years ago, and the Crimson Scales one did not disappoint! Easy to put together with tacky glue with simple instructions, only takes some time. Storage fits all in one box, but the extra room left for adding more cards/dividers/standees from Gloomhaven really push it over the top. I am about to start my campaign and don’t really need much from my Gloomhaven insert for setup. Looking forward to their insert for Trail of Ashes to give me even a little more space for Gloomhaven components in the expansion box. P.S. no lidlift when fully put together with CS and ToA books on top of everything.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Anonymous (verified owner) –
This insert is just as good as the Gloomhaven insert I bought years ago. It makes setup and tear down simple and efficient. Putting the Insert together takes a couple hours but is easy enough to do following the instructions provided.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch