This insert is designed to fit inside the versatile Artist Sketch Case available from Hobby Lobby in the U.S. This wooden art case can be carried as a briefcase or satchel and includes an upper swing-out compartment for storage of boards and rulebooks. The case itself is a relative bargain at $25 retail. Best of all, 30-40% off coupons are common so the case can be acquired for as little as $17 + tax.
The insert fits into the empty case, but the upper storage compartment should be left in the case since this case has such a low profile. You can use the upper storage area to store boards, small mats, rulebooks, and more.
The ASB-001 in the image above is pictured with the Yomi card set. It is waiting for the arrival of expansion decks. For you Sirlin fans, yes, there is still room left for the Yomi custom deck available as part of the Pandante Kickstarter (assuming Dave relaunches) as well as all other released expansions.
This insert and the case is great for inexpensively storing large volumes of standard sized cards from games such as:
- Star Wars
- and the list goes on…
- This insert measures 70mm high and provides four (4) organizational lanes for horizontal card storage. This insert is meant to be used with the swing-out compartment still inside the case. The compartment provides extra storage for rules and boards and stabilizes the cards and dividers no matter how crazily you swing the case around. Just don’t let go…
- External dimensions: 399mm x 303mm x 70mm high (15.7″ x 11.9 x 2.75″)
- Lane width: 96mm
- This insert has 1188mm of card lane storage. It can store ~3960 unsleeved cards or ~2376 Mayday Premium sleeved cards (.50mm per card) or ~2200 Ultra Pro Deck Protector sleeved cards (.54mm per card). Keep in mind each acrylic divider will also use 2.286mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .3mm.
- Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Mayday Euro, Dragon Shield, FFG Standard, FFG Euro (snug, no spare room width-wise), etc.
- Image is of prototype using 3mm Baltic Birch. Production insert uses HDF wood product.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Includes fifteen (15) clear acrylic dividers (model ASB-DIV-002). Additional divider packs of type ASB-DIV-002 should be used.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- Artist Sketch Case and Yomi not included! You will need to buy your own…