Our storage solution for Arkham Horror includes eleven (11) removable trays and is intended to be placed inside the publisher’s game box. This solution provides storage for all game components. The map tiles can be stored on top of the trays, in the provided optional top tray, or in another spare game box.
Arkham Horror 3rd edition posed a unique challenge with regards to the event deck dispenser. Once built, it consumes a large volume of space in the box and cardboard doesn’t last forever with heavy use. For this reason, we designed an event deck dispenser out of wood that stores within the box and functionally replaces the FFG cardboard event deck dispenser.
Our storage solution also provides a mythos token tray for use during storage and play, so you don’t need to grab an opaque cup or similar object for token drawing.
This storage solution provides:
- one (1) removable large card storage tray w/13 dividers (sleeved/unsleeved)
- one (1) removable small card storage tray w/11 dividers (sleeved/unsleeved)
- one (1) removable spare storage tray (streets, dice, activation, and plastic bases)
- one (1) removable long token tray (remnant, marker, focus tokens)
- one (1) removable token storage tray (money, clue/doom tokens)
- one (1) removable investigator/anomaly tile storage tray w/dividers
- one (1) removable investigator/scenario card storage tray (unsleeved only)
- one (1) removable health/sanity storage tray
- one (1) mythos token tray/dispenser
- one (1) event deck dispenser
- one (1) optional top tray for large map tiles
This solution provides ~2mm of free space at the top for game manuals if you do not use the optional top tray. You can store your large map tiles stacked on top, but it will provide lid lift and it is not particularly stable (i.e. – don’t stack boxes on top of this one if you do this.) You can also use the included optional top tray, which contributes ~15.5mm lid lift.
What Do You Need?All of these notes pertain to Arkham Horror 3rd edition:
If you own everything, you should grab an AH-001 and an AH-002. This will provide you with plenty of card storage if you sleeve and both custom deck dispensers we produce. We store our large map tiles in our Dead of Nights box and we assume you will too, therefore, you will not need the top tray included in the AH-001 kit.
If you own just the base game, you'll need an AH-001 and you will use the top tray included in the kit.
If you own the base game and Dead of Night, you can get by with just the AH-001. However, note that you will need to store your monster deck dispenser in the top tray and sleeved cards will be getting crowded.
- This solution provides eleven (11) removable trays.
- This insert can store sleeved / unsleeved small/large cards. This solution does not allow sleeved investigator/scenario cards.
- Large Cards: This insert has 279mm of large card lane storage. It can store ~996 unsleeved cards or ~558 FFG sleeved cards (.50mm per card). Keep in mind each divider will also use 3mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .28mm.
- Small Cards: This insert has 174mm of small card lane storage. It can store ~600 unsleeved cards or ~355 FFG (yellow) sleeved cards (.49mm per card). Keep in mind each divider will also use 3mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .29mm.
- Additional dividers for this insert are available in the EH-DIV-001 kit.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 90 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This insert kit weighs > 5 pounds, so it must be shipped USPS Priority Mail outside of Canada and the United States.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.