The Go7 Gaming storage solution for Marvel United X-Men: Kickstarter Extras provides card, board, mini, and token storage using eight trays. This solution does not have room to store all Extras content. You will need to store ~21 minis/card/board sets in the open spaces in your MX-003 organizers due to all the minis and card sets in the extras box.
This storage solution provides:
- Two (2) card storage trays for 32 hero and 11 villain card sets (sleeved / unsleeved)
- Three (3) adjustable minis trays with room for 48 minis, however you will be able to store ~36 minis from the extras box in this solution
- One (1) board tray for villain boards (store as many as 16 boards); we store our deluxe base game villain boards here so that the base game organizer (MU-001) has no lift.
- One (1) small token tray with lid
- One (1) long token tray with lid
The lid closes flat with zero lift.
What Do You Need?Marvel United X-Men is unique among most of the games we design organizers for in that this line of games has a large quantity of cards and minis that must be stored separately. This means a large amount of the storage is consumed by divided card storage and it means there is not a lot of box elimination as with most of our solutions for CMON games.
If you own everything from the Kickstarter, you need: 1x MU-001, 1x MX-001, 1x MX-002, 8x MX-003, and 1x MX-004.
If you own just the base game, you need 1x MU-001.
Beyond this, things get somewhat complicated if you didn't go all in. Consider:
MU-001 - this organizer provides base game storage. It can handle thicker location boards, but if you have no other organizers, you will have some box lift due to villain boards. The MU-001 also has nine empty mini compartments when storing X-Men, but no additional card or villain board storage. The lack of additional card storage means you can't store additional minis with their card sets in this organizer. So ultimately, this organizer can store only the base game.
MX-001 - this organizer provides storage for the Kickstarter extras box, however you will need to store ~21 minis and their associated cards/boards across your other MX-003s and the MX-002.
MX-002 - this organizer provides storage for Marvel United X-Men: Days of Future Past and provides card, board, mini, and tile storage using one multi-function tray. This solution also provides space to store three additional minis from the KS Extras box, along with associated cards.
MX-003 - this organizer provides storage for the Marvel United X-Men small box expansions using one multi-function tray. This solution is intended to be used in each small box expansion you own and supports these expansions: X-force, The Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Blue Team, Gold Team, Phoenix Five, and First Class. This solution has room for additional minis, cards, and boards that should be used to store minis and associated cards and boards from the Kickstarter extras box.
This solution, in addition to the extra space in the MX-002, provides overflow storage for minis, boards, and cards from the Kickstarter extras box. You can view the pictures for all of our solutions in this line to get an idea of extra space available. Keep in mind that there are several constraints driving the need for 8x of these units. Each mini has a card set and potentially a board. If you have the thicker deluxe boards, our counts are accurate for the number of organizers you need.
If you don't have the thicker boards and you are willing to collapse your expansions split across multiple boxes, you can easily eliminate two MX-003s at the cost of spreading expansion content across multiple boxes.
MX-004 - this token tray set provides two token trays designed to store tokens from the small box expansions and these trays are specifically designed to be stored in the MX-003 organizers. You don't really need these if you are all-in and you buy the recommended solution above, however we did double up storage of a couple of small token groups in the token trays in the MX-001. So, if you prefer to store all tokens in dedicated compartments, you should grab one of these kits. The downside will be the need for token trays from 3+ boxes in some cases, versus just two (MU-001, MX-001).
Overall, the large number of card sets with this game has driven somewhat inefficient storage across the entire line. You can achieve very efficient storage if you don't have the deluxe boards and don't mind splitting expansion content across multiple boxes.
- This organizer solution provides eight trays.
- This organizer can store sleeved / unsleeved cards using FFG sleeves.
- This organizer is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Organizer assembly requires some wood glue and about 60 minutes of assembly time. We recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This organizer kit does not include the referenced game or any game components.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.