Our Imperial Assault insert is colossal! It’s the largest box insert we have designed to date, consisting of 14 storage trays. Each of the trays is designed to be pulled out of the box for setup and we have designed token trays for use during play. We designed this insert to store everything from the base game through Wave 4+. This includes Twin Shadows, which is required to store the map tiles (once you place the components in the insert). Best of all, if you own all of the expansion content (through Wave 4+) and extra dice, you will still have room to store even more miniatures! Well, more miniatures excluding AT-STs. The insert can handle two AT-STs and that’s it.
This insert was designed to stand alone, but it is a direct complement to our IMPERIAL-002, IMPERIAL-003, and IMPERIAL-004 inserts. Our line of Imperial Assault inserts are designed to house you entire collection.
Note: This insert has been revised to store a Bantha on March 10, 2016.
This insert includes storage for:
- large cards (sleeved or unsleeved) – one tray
- small cards (sleeved or unsleeved) – two trays
- dice – one tray
- doors, stickers – one tray
- play and setup tokens – two stackable trays
- miniatures – seven trays (stores as many as 67 minis in individual compartments; larger sections can be formed by using less internal dividers to handle double-size and larger minis)
- everything except the map tiles, which you can store in your empty Twin Shadows box
If you sleeve, the provided etched dividers will be all you need, but if you don’t sleeve and you would like to separate your command cards and the like, you may be interested in the additional etched dividers available in our IMPERIAL-DIV-001 kit.
With this insert, we have designed a flexible divider system for the miniatures trays that will provide you with maximum flexibility when deciding how and where to store your prized minis.
What Do You Need?Imperial Assault has a ton of expansions and we continue to suport the game and expansions. When new content is released, we assess the storage needs and provide information about how the new content fits into the existing storage solutions we provide. In cases of big box releases, we typically design a dedicated storage solution for the new box.
Wave 11 UpdateSee our recommendation below, as always, for a quick synopsis of what you need. Wave 11 fits fine in our recommended storage solutions as of wave 10 (see below). The box provided for the Tyrants expansion is the small expansion box that we use for map tile storage for Imperial Assault, so it is unusable for storing minis, cards, etc. You may want to consider purchasing an IMP-002 for additional tile storage to use in the Tyrants box. It will certainly be need at some point soon. However, if you own one of everything to this point, you don't quite need another IMP-002 unless you want to better split/organize the tiles among the expansions. We are storing our tiles in just two IMP-002 at this point, so it is not required.
Wave 10 Update
- If you own one of everything (base game, expansions, and small expansion figures), you need: 1x IMP-001, 2x IMP-002, 1x IMP-003, 2x IMP-004. Purchasing the listed solutions will leave you with an IMP-004 with future storage capacity, leaving room for future wave expansions through some point in 2019. You may optionally want to grab an IMP-DIV-001 as well. The IMP-DIV-001 provides additional dividers for the IMP-001 to allow groups of cards (Imperial, Hero, Item, and Deployment) to be further divided.
- If you own just the base game, grab 1x IMP-001.
Storage Solutions for Imperial Assault
- IMP-001 - this solution is designed to store the base game.
- IMP-002 - this solution is designed to fit into the smaller boxes used by Twin Shadows and Bespin Gambit and provides game tile storage only. If you have all content, you need two of these.
- IMP-003 - this solution is designed to store the content from Return to Hoth and wave 5+ small expansion figures. Only this solution provides a dedicated tray to store the large hero sheets.
- IMP-004 - this solution is designed to store the content from Jabba's Realm and the small expansion minis from wave 8+. This insert was initially designed for Jabba and includes storage for the Rancor, but has been enhanced to allow it to be used with Heart of the Empire. The main change in all IMP-004's sold now is that you have the option of building one of two different token tray designs (one for Jabba tokens and one for Heart tokens). Only IMP-004 solutions purchased after October 21, 2017 contain the two token tray options.
- IMP-DIV-001 -this divider kit provides additional etched dividers usable across this line of inserts for those inclined to divide their class and item card group as efficiently as possible.
Imperial Assault Box SizesAcross the Imperial Assault game and expansions, there are three unique box sizes:
- small - Twins Shadows, Bespin Gambit, and Tyrants. We produce the IMP-002 insert for this size box and it provides map tile storage only.
- medium - Return to Hoth, Jabba's Realm, Heart of the Empire. These boxes are all the same size, however, Jabba and Heart each contain a very large mini that requires an insert that is taller than the box, causing lid lift. Therefore, for this box size we recommend IMP-003 for Return to Hoth and the IMP-004 for Jabba and Heart.
- large - base game. Our IMP-001 is designed for this box.
Etched DividersThe dividers in our storage solutions for Imperial Assault contain etched abbreviations to assist with the categorization and storage of various cards. The following table defines what each etching stands for. Keep in mind that all etched dividers are not present in every kit. Each kit supports the cards noted in the description.
Divider Etching Legend
|Small Divider Etching||Card Type||Large Divider Etching||Card Type|
|CM||command cards||A||agenda cards|
|CN||condition cards||D||deployment cards|
|CO||companion cards||Sk||skirmish cards|
|F||form cards||SiM||side mission cards|
|HC||hero class cards||StM||story mission cards|
|I, I1, I2, I3||item cards||ThM||threat mission cards|
|IC||imperial class cards|
- This insert provides fourteen (14) removable trays. There is clearance at the top for your rulebooks.
- This insert can store sleeved or unsleeved cards. Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Dragon Shields, and FFG sleeves.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 70 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This insert kit weighs 6.5 pounds, so it must be shipped USPS Priority Mail outside of Canada and the United States.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.