This insert is designed to fit inside the versatile Artist Sketch Case available from Hobby Lobby in the U.S. This wooden art case can be carried as a briefcase or satchel and includes an upper swing-out compartment for storage of boards and rulebooks. The case itself is a relative bargain at $25 retail. Best of all, 30-40% off coupons are common so the case can be acquired for as little as $17 + tax.
The insert fits into the empty artist sketch case and the upper storage compartment should be removed from the case since it has such a high profile. You can store boards, small mats, rulebooks, and more right on top of the insert.
This insert and the case is great for inexpensively storing large volumes of standard-sized cards from games such as:
- Star Wars
- and the list goes on…
The Artist Sketch Case is famous for being inexpensive. It is also famous for having wildly different interior sizes. This organizer has been designed to support the smallest size case interiors that we have found or been informed of by customers. In some cases this means that the organizer will be smaller than the interior offered by your case and may slide around a bit when handled. A small amount of movement in the case should be fine, but you can always optionally drop some glue on the bottom of the case and glue the organizer into the case to eliminate any movement.
- This v20 design supports 3mm acrylic dividers. Units shipped prior to MAY 1, 2020 support 2.286mm dividers.
- This insert measures 100mm high and provides four (4) organizational lanes for vertical card storage and one (1) wider center lane for bit storage. Two of the interior divider walls of this insert are ~6mm (2 x 3mm) so that dividers can be placed side-by-side, allowing for many more dividers in this insert.
- External dimensions: 394mm x 300mm x 95mm high
- This solution can store as many as two BB-100s in the center row with some space left over.
- There is ~7mm of clearance on top of the insert to store boards, rulebooks, etc. when used with the Artist Sketch Case.
- This insert has 1188mm of card lane storage. It can store ~3960 unsleeved cards or ~2376 Mayday Premium sleeved cards (.50mm per card) or ~2200 Ultra Pro Deck Protector sleeved cards (.54mm per card). Keep in mind each acrylic divider will also use 2.286mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .3mm.
- Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Mayday Euro, Dragon Shield, FFG Standard, FFG Euro, etc.
- This insert is produced from 3mm HDF.
- Includes fifteen (15) clear acrylic dividers (model EXT-DIV-001). Additional divider packs of type EXT-DIV-001 should be used.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- Artist Sketch Case and games not included! You will need to buy your own…