This insert is designed to fit inside the versatile Artist Sketch Case available from Hobby Lobby in the U.S. This wooden art case can be carried as a briefcase or satchel and includes an upper swing-out compartment for storage of boards and rulebooks. The case itself is a relative bargain at $25 retail. Best of all, 30-40% off coupons are common so the case can be acquired for as little as $17 + tax.
The insert fits into the empty case, but the upper storage compartment should be removed from the case since this case has such a high profile. You can store boards, small mats, rulebooks, and more right on top of the insert.
Below, you can see some Dominion kingdom cards and a few other items stored in the insert.
This insert will accommodate a full set of Dominion if you don’t use the acrylic dividers. You would want to print some paper divider designs from BGG. Please note that the ASB-003 provides a better solution if you own all Dominion expansions released, because it provides 6mm divider rows allowing side-by-side dividers in all rows.
This insert and the case is great for inexpensively storing large volumes of standard sized cards from games such as:
- Star Wars
- and the list goes on…
- This insert measures 100mm high and provides five (5) organizational lanes for vertical card storage and one (1) smaller lane for bit storage (43mm wide). All Bit Boxes will fit in the bit lane except BIT-BOX-008. This insert is meant to be used with the swing-out compartment removed from the case.
- External dimensions: 399mm x 303mm x 100mm high (15.7″ x 11.9 x 3.74″)
- Lane width: 67mm
- There is ~7mm of clearance on top of the insert to store boards, rulebooks, etc.
- This insert has 1485mm of card lane storage. It can store ~4950 unsleeved cards or ~2970 Mayday Premium sleeved cards (.50mm per card) or ~2750 Ultra Pro Deck Protector sleeved cards (.54mm per card). Keep in mind each acrylic divider will also use 2.286mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .3mm.
- Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Mayday Euro, Dragon Shield (snug, no spare room width-wise), FFG Standard, FFG Euro, etc.
- Image is of prototype using 3mm Baltic Birch. Production insert uses HDF wood product.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Includes fifteen (15) clear acrylic dividers (model MULT-DIV-001). Additional divider packs of type MULT-DIV-001 should be used.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- Artist Sketch Case not included! You will need to buy your own… Also, insert in Artist Case is not representative of this insert.