Please note that this insert will not properly accommodate the new 2016 Agricola reboot, nor reboot edition components from expansions such as Farmers of the Moor..
With well over 200 plays of Agricola, it is safe to say it’s my most played modern boardgame. I have never turned down a game when offered and I doubt I ever will. Even with over six years of plays, it is as fresh as the first time I played it. It is the perfect game in my opinion. When I first approached designing an insert for Agricola, after some initial work, I gave up. I didn’t think it could be done in 3mm wood. I had previously designed a foamcore insert for it and it had served me well, but the foamcore was much thinner. Fast forward about a year and I took another look through much more experienced eyes… I did it, but it was a tight fit!
Our Agricola insert, by virtue of the space limitations of the box, is best used with unsleeved cards.
The insert offers a removable tile caddy, a removable resource tray, a handy player bit storage area, and four card storage areas.
What Does It Hold?
The resource tray stores the round resource disks with no problems, and stores the new animeeples that are provided by Lookout along with the resource disks for veggies with no problem. The combination of animeeples and veggiemeeples is also possible, but it’s a little tight and will require some attention when packing up.
The small bit box with the Agricola engraving has an optional divider. If you store the Farmers’ horses and peat tokens with the divider, three of the horses won’t fit. If you build without the divider, they all fit together fine. If you don’t own Farmers, the small engraved bit box offers additional storage for other resources, such as food.
Overall, this insert is quite roomy if you don’t own the Farmers expansion. If you own the Farmers’ expansion + veggiemeeples + animeeples, you will need to use care when packing everything up. The images on this page are Agricola + Farmers + 2 player occupations from all expansions + all English-released minors from every expansion. Because I used the divider in the small engraved box, three horses didn’t fit. I place them in the caddy slots.
Card-wise, if you don’t own Farmers, you have some room to store additional card expansions (unsleeved).
This insert fits a specific niche. If you own everything, it’s not for you. You would benefit from our Agricola-001 chest when we begin production again on chests.
- This insert kit provides four (4) card storage areas. There is plenty of clearance at the top for rulebooks and larger cardboard boards (up to five player boards + game boards).
- This insert kit provides one removable resource tray for use during play.
- This insert kit provides one removable tile caddy for use during play.
- This insert is lovingly crafted with laser power using a 3mm HDF wood product and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Allows sleeved or unsleeved cards, but sleeved cards will not fit fully in the insert. This insert is designed for unsleeved cards. This should not present a challenge since the cards in Agricola are very high quality and have white borders. Free your sleeved Agricola cards! Using unsleeved cards, you can store the Farmers expansion or a large number of the card expansions.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 40 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This licensed product is proudly offered by Go7 Gaming under license with Lookout GmbH.